Direct General Group began selling auto insurance in 1991. It focuses on enabling people to get insurance regardless of their driving history. The company is less than 30 years old and has grown into a trusted insurance company for all drivers. If you have a history of damage to your car, you can purchase direct car insurance at an affordable rate.
In addition to auto insurance, Direct General Group offers motorcycle, commercial vehicle, life insurance for renters, roadside assistance memberships and vehicle protection plans. Focusing on the Southern region, he sells insurance in 11 states.
direct car insurance
Direct Auto offers the following options in addition to standard liability and comprehensive insurance:
- accidental death compensation – This option provides a $5,000 payment to the deceased beneficiary.
- rent refund : We will compensate for the rental car fee if you are unable to drive due to an accident.
- roadside assistance – This coverage provides customers with 24-hour emergency towing, gas and necessary fluids, jump starter with dead battery, mechanical assistance from Direct Auto Roadside Assistance technicians, locks and concierge providing maps and road trip routes Service is available.
- follower : It is included in the comprehensive insurance premium and compensates for the towing cost (up to the limit set in the plan) of the vehicle that breaks down due to an accident or breakdown.
direct car insurance premium
Direct auto insurance is very expensive, especially when compared to the national average for auto insurance. For Direct Auto, the average cost driver pays $1,034 a year with minimum coverage and with full coverage he pays $2,591. For minimal coverage, the national average is $563 a year, and the national average for comprehensive motor insurance is $1,738 a year. To find out how much you should pay for auto insurance, see our article Average cost of auto insurance.
|Average annual premium for direct auto minimum coverage||Direct Auto Comprehensive Insurance Premium Average Annual Premium|
Seguro Direto also offers the following discounts:
- good student – Customers who are on the Dean’s List or achieve a B average in high school and college courses are eligible to receive a 10% discount.
- safe driver – 10% discount for customers with no accidents or violations in the last 36 months traffic .
- I retired : If you’re 55 or older, you can save up to 5% on your premiums, depending on your state.
- multi auto : Families with multiple vehicles insured with Direct Auto can save up to 25%.
- renewal of Policies: As a thank you for updating your policies, Direct Auto is offering up to a 20% discount on the following policies if the driver does not take a break (due to unpaid) and renews within 7-10 days of renewal To do. your insurance date. date of expiry.
- Welcome home : Direct Auto offers regular customers a 6% discount if their previous policy is more than 6 months past expiration and they live in a discounted state.
direct car rental insurance
Direct Auto sells insurance to renters that protects their personal property from damage or destruction. Each policy includes coverage for:
- private property – If your personal property is damaged or destroyed as a result of an insured event, the renter’s insurance will help replace them.
- personal responsibility : Personal liability insurance protects you if someone gets hurt in your home. You will also be covered if you accidentally injure someone else or damage something else.
- Temporary living expenses ・If you are unable to live in your house due to a fire, etc., we will assist you with temporary living expenses such as hotel and restaurant fees until you can move.
Direct Auto does not list rental insurance discounts on their website. However, home insurance is one of the cheapest types of insurance you can buy. Even without discounts, the rates remain affordable. If there are unannounced discounts that you may be eligible for, please contact your representative for details.
Direct Car Customer Reviews and Ratings
Because Direct is a new company that is only available in certain states, Direct auto insurance reviews are limited. However, the reviews it has are considered excellent.
To better understand what Direct Auto customers think, we analyzed the AM Best and Better Business Bureau (BBB) ratings. AM Best’s rating indicates financial health and BBB indicates customer satisfaction. To see how Direct Auto compares to other car insurance companies, check out our list of the best Asegranzas para Negocios car insurance companies.
According to BBB results, the most common customer complaint is a delayed response from Direct Auto Insurance’s customer service team. Many people have found that it takes up to two weeks for a Direct Auto representative to speak to them and the issue remains unresolved.
Why Choose Direct Auto?
Direct Auto offers a wide range of discounts, making it an attractive auto insurance option. He is one of the few insurers to offer rebates to customers who renew and return to the company. Direct Auto is also a great option for high-risk drivers who struggle to get affordable insurance due to poor credit or driving history.
Additional policies provided by Direct Auto
In addition to cars, you can get quotes for direct motorcycle insurance, commercial auto insurance, Mexican auto insurance, supplemental health insurance, life insurance and renters insurance. You can even get discounts when you buy multiple policies together.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to receive a direct insurance quote?
To get a quote directly from auto insurance, we need vehicle information such as make, model, purpose, and the name of the lender if you are paying. You will also need your driver’s license, traffic violation or accident details. B. Date and cause of accident, personal information including address, garage or parking location of vehicle, duration of driving, type of coverage desired (full liability or general liability).
How do I submit a direct insurance claim?
Call Direct Auto at 1-800-403-1077 immediately after an accident and select option 2.
How can I check the status of my claim?
Call Direct Auto at 1-800-403-1077 and select option 3.
Does Direct Auto have a mobile app?
No, unlike most major airlines, there are currently no airlines. To file a complaint or learn more about our policies, please visit our website or call us.
In which states is Direct Auto available?
Direct Auto Insurance is available in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia.
Quadrant Information for business insurance With Services, review rates for all zip codes and carriers in all 50 states, and rates shown in Washington DC, with a clean driver’s license, good credit history, and the following total coverage limits: Based on a 40 year old driver with
- $100,000 personal injury liability
- $300,000 liability for personal injury
- $50,000 liability for accident property damage
- $100,000 per person personal injury caused by an uninsured driver
- $300,000 bodily injury to uninsured driver due to accident
- $500 Over Collision
- $500 Total Deductible
To determine the minimum coverage, Asegranzas para Negocios used the minimum coverage corresponding to each state’s requirements. The sample driver owns a 2018 Honda Accord, travels 5 days a week, and drives 12,000 miles per year.
These are sample rates and should only be used for comparison purposes. Offers may vary.
Pricing is determined based on 2020 Quadrant Information Services data.